Antioxidants good for the eyes
Antioxidants protect tissues and DNA in cells from free radicals. Free radicals are aggressive substances that can cause damage to cells and tissues. When they cause damage, we call it oxidative stress. This can cause all kinds of diseases, including eye diseases. So it is very important to get the right nutrients for the health of your eyes en vision. Retina complex is a food supplement with a unique combination of antioxidants specially developed for the eyes. Below are the ingredients of our product and why we especially chose these ingredients.
Nutritional Supplement for the eyes
- The daily dose consisting of 4 vegetable capsules is:
- Polysaccharides of Lycium Barbarum Lynn – 600 mg (90 % pure)
- Goji berries contain a very high content of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. In terms of vitamins, the berry contains vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2 and vitamin B6. Furthermore, the fruit contains many minerals. The berry also contains nineteen different amino acids and other vital substances. Science has shown that of all fruits, the Goji berry contains the highest concentration of vitamins and antioxidants.
- L-Glutathion – 200 mg
- Concentrated in different areas of the retina and is directly involved in maintaining the normal redox status of the cell. It was found that specific flavonoids could protect retinal ganglion cells from cell death. Glutathion has been shown to be protective in an experimental light damage study.
- Alpha lipoic acid – 100 mg
- Some of the alpha-lipoic acid consumed is converted in the body to an even more potent antioxidant, dihydrolipoic acid. Most importantly, animal studies demonstrate that long-term administration of alpha-lipoic acid has beneficial effects.
- Luteïne – 20 mg en Zeaxantine – 10 mg
- These are two antioxidants that are also found in the yellow spot (macula) of the retina. This part ensures that we can see color and contrast. It is likely that zeaxanthin and lutein are important for a good vision. They support the condition of the eyes.
- Vitamine A – 160 µg
Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal vision and to the normal functioning of the immune system.